Re: PROPOSAL: QAC another take

DISCLAIMER! VERY IMPORTANT:

This proposal was noted as a "PROPOSAL" I conciously wrote that word,
why? Cause I had the idea in my head for some time, it didn't came as
a reaction to Elzubeirs thoughts, I wanted to post at the same day he
posted his views. That's why I totally agree and like nadims proposal
of "unifying" our idea.

To Abdulaziz's mail,

>You did not mention here how much time and effort it was taking from
>us.

I don't understand the point here. Quality work needs time.

>to reach a full agreement on a complete and
>concise Arabeyes Technical Dictionary but I do not seeing it
>happenning before 2 years or so.

That's totally normal, we are DEFINING terminology here, I'll be happy
if we complete the work in two years!

>but its short-lived

I am not against any sort of regulating the work, that's not my stuff
and to be honest it does not interest me at all. This said, what I
want is work done, words "produced" and people wanting to work. As
long as those ppl are there we'll have output. I am saying this from
my experience with you with Ayman and with many other ppl. No
mechanism can make ppl work or not eg. Ahmad (the KDE man), Chronos
and ALL the other 600 ppl... (or 300?)
So for me :" wanna regulate go regulate I wish you every success" but
I say to myself:" I want work, flow and something done NOW".

>A little too unfair

I think you are confusing things here. when I speak about our work I
simply thought these words are chosen by three ppl who are translators
and who know what they do so the work is good. I am not descrediting
any other work. Ayman himself is behind Firefox!!! And Ossama behind
OO, I have high respect for them and we know each other for so long I
hope you are really not confusing things here...

Still If you're not happy with the work done then it seems that you're
not happy with your own work, well I can't make your work look good
for you, can I ?

> (and I don't mean everyone who _wants_ to be involved, I mean
everyone period :-)

I don't agree with you here, I think we have to have a group of
dedicated ppl who do work, and that work has to be accepted.
Running behind everyone so that our work gets done or accepted led us
to the situation we are in today...

>We still need a governing body.

I don't think so, from my experience the only thing I need for eg. was
time to translate. Simply time in my everyday life to do the work,
which I didn't have for a long time now. If I had it I would continue
the work which was started.
Technically speaking you have words which repeat themselves, those
standardized, the new words become fewer and fewer and at some time
you don't need any new words. You can apply autotranslation and you're
nearly done.

To conclude my comment, I would simply say that I still have the
feeling that we are discussing around the problem and not the problem
itself.
I think Nadims proposal is maybe the way to go, your closing idea are
also good. but what I want to see is work. Let us even all shift to
KDE and start there no problem for me! I am sick of discussions I want
WORK O_o

yours
Arafat