[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Arabic keyboard mapping?
- To: doc at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Arabic keyboard mapping?
- From: Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:13:34 +0200
- Cc: console-data at packages dot debian dot org
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.6+20040803i
While testing the Arabic support in the Debian Installer RC1 release,
I realised that we currently do not have any Arabic keyboard map given
as an option to users.
People using Arabic in Linux environments, are you aware of Linux
console keyboard maps for it?
We should probably add one of these to the console-data Debian
package, which would be the first step for having more support for
CC'ed to the console-data package maintainer (Alastair McKinstry)....
Alastair, could you, in the meantime, make the US keyboard the default
for Arabic (ar) language? D-I currently proposes the Belarusian
keyboard, because it is the first alphabetical choice....:-)