Re: OpenOffice 1.1.1 corrupts the Arabic

[snip]

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 04:39:47AM -0700, Ossama Khayat wrote:
> --- Mohamed Eldesoky <mohamed at eldesoky dot net> wrote:
> > It is a disaster with regard to Arabic support.
> > Even Tahoma font makes the text corrupted.
> > Try to use it if you can, and let us issue some bug
> > reports.
>
> Sorry, I couldn't get what you mean by saying "makes
> the text corrupted". First, are you using Window$ or
> Linux? And is this the same version as referred up?

I can!
I'll tell you what's happening to me.
I installed mandrake 10 and OOo
It's fully working here on my laptop, No problem at all.
I installed on another workstation just to find that I can't type
Arabic.
Damn! the letters appear "3ala ba3dohom"
ok after a day of digging, I found that I have to get freetype from
plf "compiled with the truetype byte interpreter"
everything went fine after that, I don't know why, But it worked.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer