gnome 2.8 and beyond

Salam to all,

as I am bored and I'll go to sleep after nearly one hour I thought I'll
write what will happen for the next gnome release on the Arabic
translation front.

for the gnome 2.6.x series I'd really like to pass maintainership to
someone else a la kernel maintainance, this leaves room for the other
person to learn on gnome, makes it also grow in reponsability and make
it see how the inner clock is working. I want gnome to be very
consistent this can't be the case if any person doesn't really know how
the grammar used looks like. So maitaining the series makes sense for
that person as it will have a close look on the pos and learn instead of
working only on new stuff, which will cause it to make new mistakes.
But this will likely happen later in the 2.6 life span or in 2.8 ...

For 2.8 , Evo IS in, very likely Gossip the really boring IM client and
Totem/Rhythmbox, Ossama and me started work on Evo and we'll sure
complete this before summer (wouldn't we Ossama ;)) If Abdulaziz likes
the work Evo will be done in less then two weeks!
Totem and Rhythm are completed, still we need some bug reporting on
them, well it seems it's a Libbonobo problem on which I reported a bug
so if this is resolved and if it is really a libonobo problem then the
interfaces should look right.

Also rumored is the gnome volume manager, an app based on dbus udev and
Hal.
Simply take this: you plug your Digital camera, a dialog pops up and
asks you if you want to import your pics to the Photo Album. Or you
plugin your ipod and a dialog asks you about importing music to
Rhythmbox... Ain't this crazy?!

So for core gnome apps, we have to work on gossip, evo and likely gvm
with totem and rhythmbox done.

Also in the list the evo data server which is a pendant to evo.

ONLY 3 pos!!! with Abdulaziz already working on gossip!!!
Well for gnome 2.8 this is all what needs to be done not much eh ;)
With the usual rewrite of the already existing pos... (the boring stuff)

On the "gnome environment" front: the article on l4a had 210 readings so
far, the poll had 200 votes (WOW) many bugs reported, and I'll post an
article on the Arabeyes site. Next step is now to subscribe to the
french, german and japanese mailing lists. That will be cool ;)
But this is only the beginning!

yours
Arafat

p.s: next mail: more on gnome environment and why you still need to buy
pants...