Re: pango and xplanet

Quoting Tomohiro KUBOTA <debian at tmail dot plala dot or dot jp>:

> Ok, I will supply "earth.ja" file, after you will update the original
> marker file.

I'm not planning on changing the earth marker file distributed with
xplanet-1.0.1, so please translate that if possible.  There is no
reason for marker files for different languages to contain the same
cities, so feel free to add any cities that may be of interest to
Japanese users as well.

So if any Arabic speakers would be willing to translate the whole earth
marker file, I will be happy to include that.

I haven't made a release in about eight months, and I'm cleaning up my
code to release another version soon, maybe within a month, but I can
wait for marker files if people are interested.

> However, please note that one of gettext's merits is that obsolete
> translation and new items to be translated can be easily detected.

The only change for xplanet would be to update the name of the marker
file in the configuration file.

Also, responding to Arafat's points, the marker files are completely
configurable.  Cities can be commented out or added as desired, and
their names are in UTF8.  Places like China, India, and Japan would be
covered in overlapping names if every "big" city were included.  The
image on the xplanet website was only for demonstration purposes!

All of your eyecandy suggestions are already in xplanet :)

Hari