How to contribute to gnome translation

Salam Hassan,

First of all you have to make a CVS account I hope you've done it if not
contact Mohammed elzubair under contact at arabeyes dot org

Then you'll have to download all the po files from the CVS repository,
you'll find the unstructions to do so here :
http://www.arabeyes.org/howto/cvs-howto.en/

After that take a look at your files and how the sentences are
translated to get a feeling for it.

THe plan is at it follows : work is mainly done on the core gnome files
so you'll not have to work on the extra and fifth-toe packs, if you
want  you can but that's not "our" goal now the goal is to make the core
desktop work, this means fixing and finishing EVERY file in it with
minor changes to which I'll come later. Second part is the "big four"
those are the apps the majority of the gnome community including myself
;) waits for : Galeon2, Abiword2, Gnumeric2 and Evolution, with them The
GIMP so after or parallel to your work on the core desktop files you can
work on these 4 po files wich are HUGE. You'll not find an Abiword PO
simply because we still haven't made a CVS request. Now to the minor
changes Sawfish is not the default window manager of gnome anymore so
DON'T WORK ON SAWFISH forget about it till Isam makes the cvs sync. If
you want to work on the window manager file something we'll have to
anyway ;) then work on the metacity po file. Well that's it for the
roadmap another very important think I try very hard to assure a good
linguisitc level in the translation becasue there were man bad
translations and I try very hard to write down good arabic so don't be
angry if I'll take a look at some of the po's you've translated to tell
you that sentence would be better written that way etc. and that's it :D
Enjoy your work with us, and I'me sure I'll be happy to have someone
translating with me the gnome pos.

cheers