Re: Translation projects' status ?

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> Done measn that the Desktop libs and the Desktop are done. The official
> desktop release constitutes only these two modules.
> the 2.6 status is changed after every string freeze to the one above:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/ar/index.html

Ah, OK.  So when we note "Gnome is done" what is meant is that both
'desktop libs' and 'desktop' are at 100% (on 2.6 they are currently
at 83% and 50% respectively); cool - do please note this on the Gnome
project page somewhere as a comment in case others wonder too.

  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/ar/index.html

> Yes sure I am for every type of organizing that suits anyone. My only
> concern are the pos I want them clean and done, every other thing is not
> really important for me... So we can organize the whole tree as you wish
> it!

You should very much run that term_intersect.pl script I mailed about to
show you any discrepancies within Gnome itself (if you like we can do a
quick session on IRC to get you more familiar with it) - do please try it
though.

> But gnome cvs is a very bad thing when I
> uploaded last week the pos to the cvs tree I spent 6 hours uploading
> from 11 am to 5pm and I didn't upload all the files so generally I am
> very fearfull when preparing for an upload ;) And at the end I got
> totally tired ... As you have to write for every po a changelog and
> change the configure.in for every po which is "newly" translated...

I remember writing a script to ease this task for Isam awhile back,
I'm not sure if its still relevant or not.  In short, we are all here
to help so do please let us know if there is __anything__ we can do
to simply life for ya (spending 6 hours on uploading is a big waste
of valuable time :-)

BTW: I was simply after status (and not picking on you Arafat), what
     about the other 6-7 other topics noted in this thread ?  Can we
     hear more reactions/comments/status from everyone ?