Re: Wordlist is well done for round-1

----- Original Message -----
From: Ahmad Al-rasheedan
> I just uploaded the last file of the 26 po files of the dictionary. This
> concludes phase-1 of our beloved, first open source dictionary. Many
> thanks to Osama & Obeid for their efforts.

God bless your work :)

> I would like to proceed with the 26 files so your kids can get some
> meaningful translations. This is how I would like to proceed. Share
> your 2cs.
>
> 1) City name, person translations are to be unfuzzied.

After we make sure there is no usefull translation other than the name.

> 2) A word that can't be found by 954 dictionaries is to
> be omitted (i.e aircrafts)

You mean we keep it in the bad_words.po for the time being?

> 3) I will start from Z-->A this time so to give a chance for
> someone to fix my mistakes.

Good. I'm starting from A->Z then but other than what you mentioned,
I'd also like to add:
* Words found in Al-Mawrid, that are not included in the list, to be
added to the list (I'll pay for the book/cd of Mawrid, don't worry! :))
* Some words are translated, though they are not valid, at least
according to the search in onelook.com, and I wonder how could we
find similar words to remove them. I've face many of these, just can't
remember now. Mostly, they are combined words.
Maybe you want to keep this for round-3, so I don't mind.
Also, please make sure that the dictionaries for the dictd server we
have is updated.

regards,
Ossama Khayat
http://www.linuxmail.org/