Re: TODO draft for round-2 "Wordlist"

On Thursday 14 August 2003 08:21, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:
> And this exactly the way I add words to bad_words. I think I have mentioned
> this before. If it's not in a dictionary, it's not an English word _yet_.
> Afterall, we are not the people who should add English terms and teach
> English people their language - at least not in the linux Arabization
> project.

Ditto.

> These same most users would argue that shopwise is correct. It's not
> because penny-wise and penny wise is correct that pennywise is correct.
> It's not because dollarwise is correct eurowise or dinarwise is correct. I
> think it's better to close this door.

I think it is time to define "ultimate reference" for good vs. bad (Even
though Munzir closed the door at my face:)). I have been using
onelook.com for that decision.

I am not qualified to come up with new words nor to be the judge of
what is good or bad. I simply use a reference since English is a second
language to me.

Wouldn't you feel funny had an English speaking person came up with
an Arabic word:)...and added it to his Arabic/English dictionary:)

Door closed?
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)