Re: TODO draft for round-2 "Wordlist"

On Monday 11 August 2003 10:27, you wrote:
> Salam Ahmad,

Wa Alikum Alsalam.

> Well, the files left are 5 now :) because I just finished the W file, and
> will start with U.

Excellent!

> My understanding is that fuzzy words are words that we translate but not
> sure of their translation right? So, maybe we can check them on round 2,
> and if we don't find a proper translation for them, we'll either remove the
> fuzzy and confirm the translation or just move them to the appropriate
> bad_words files.

It is much better to have a set of po files that doesn't have anything
fuzzy in it and add to it from a fuzzy source than to have a bigger file
with valid entries mixed with fuzzies. With this, you can always declare
a correct set of po files and make it bigger as you move from fuzzy files
to mainstream. If the task is to separate the bad from the good is 30 minutes
then it is worth it.

> Also, one more thing. I just noticed yesterday that there are many words
> that can be found in the Mawrid dictionary and can be translated more
> precisely than the online dictionaries.

But wouldn't an English source be more accurate than an Arabic source
with regard to the language?

Had it been Arabic/English dictionary then "Mughtar Al-sihah" is our
reference.

> Also, there are many words that
> need to be added later on. So, shall we do it in round 2 or delay it for
> later as well?

Absolutely no harm in adding them. Nadim promised he will process
the top 1000 words. I see no harm in using the same script for a similar
task

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)