Re: dictd server

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:13:23AM +0300, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It would be nice if our beloved admin ran a 'dictd' server  and
> made use of the wordlist po files. I have it running on my local
> machine & have provided the needed setup & a small script in
> the cvs tree to do so.
>
> People get to use it and we know what translations need to be
> altered.
>
> I will take the ownership of receiving e-mail messages for incorrect
> translations.

This idea has been on the table for a long time.. and then we spent
several weeks moving between systems and it sort of slipped through the
cracks. I think it's time to revive it now that we have someone who is
actively involved and willing to take the heat for it too!

I will try to set it up on the arabeyes.org server. Perhaps we can call
it 'dict.arabeyes.org'. How often would you like to see the database
updated (from CVS)? Daily/Weekly/?

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir