Re: Rought translations

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:39:34PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 19:46, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> >
> > Just wondering, how is the rough translation done? Ie. do you have
> > to be in KBabel's gui to do that, or can it be done from the
> > command-line?
>
> yes .. Kbabel have the very helpful Rough Translation .. You need to have a
> translation database .. which can be created from the existing translated
> strings in the PO files .. then it will use the existing Database to try to
> make fuzzy translation .. usually around 20% of the rough translated strings
> are exact translations ( you know strings repeat everywhere unfortunately) ..
> and this will somehow help increase the speed of translation ..
>
> And as I am Using KDE 3.1 RC2 ( released 2 days ago) the Kbabel that comes
> with it comes more helpful for roughly translating whole directories while
> older version can do rough translation on separate files ..

Okay, but that still doesn't answer my question. Can you perform rough
translations (using whatever database you have) on the command-line? e.g.
$ rough myfile.po --database something

I'm trying to figure out if we can script this process, that's why I'm asking.
If not, it needs to be there (the option).

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir