Re: where to start with KDE 3.0

Salam Nader,

>I did it all .I tried with kword and I get a strange thing .I can type
>arabic but with a wrong letter
>I type "alef" but I get "ain" and so on .
>can you help

Well to be innocent I'm really not an expert on the matter of arabization of
KDE. I only gave the steps that worked for me, for the people who asked for them.

However I am glad to help you by all I know. To do that please send me the
   1.The versions you are using of KDE and Koffice (maybe it's a good
     idea to upgrade KDE to 3.0.1 and Koffice to 1.2 beta)
   2.If you can see the arabic interface correctly.
   3.If this problem persist when changing fonts in Koffice.
   4.If this problem only occurs whith Koffice or also with
     Kate and Kbabel (try multiple fonts).

Please try it with the last beta version of KBabel, if you can write arabic ok
there than it means that the problem is in Koffice. The best solution is than to
upgrade to the beta version or to wait for the next stable version (will be
release in December).

Also try multiple fonts, because some MS fonts don't work correctly, like
simplified arabic etc..

Yours,

Usama

Find out the latest breaking Business news on Maktoob News.
http://www.maktoob.com/