Re: kbabel problem with dictionary

Salam,

>first of all I have a redhat 7.2 system

Well, if you get the lates version of redhat (7.3) you'll have KDE 3.0 and
all the needed libraries along with the distro, so you don't have to install any
libraries to compile the latest version of kbabel.

>and I've installed on it all the needed labraries by kbabel and even
>more.
You need to have atleast the next libraries for kbabel to compile or work:
  QT (this is really necessary)
  kdelibs
  (maybe you also need kdearts, but I don't think so).
  The db packages (you already have them)

download en compile the ones you don't have. For instructions on how to
install QT and kdelibs you can see the next URl:
http://www.kde.org/install-source.html

The latest kbabel beta is indeed very good, and it is almost a must. So
keep trying to compile the source. It is the only way for you.

Salam,

Usama

Share your artistic, creative and literary work on My Corner with many, many others!
http://www.maktoob.com/