Re: Where are we going with KDE

( that discussion was started in the general list, but better placed in the
doc list, if you are interested in it please subscribe to the doc list, or
follow it from the doc list archive)

Salam All,
    And a special salam to Sayed .. the lone translators these days :-)

  about the Translation .. well we are doing fine regarding folowing up with
KDE main CVS changes and maintaining our status of having the root Dir of
translate/kde , and kdebase always in a good shape .. that is good when you
have only one person who is doing it ..
  About deadlines, dates of due , and other things .. I guess that we are
meeting them very well .. we committed our translation files to the main KDE
CVS more than 5 times in the past 5 days, hoping to have the Arabic
translation files that will come with the KDE 3 BETA 2 that is dueafter 5
days in the best shape ever .. and comparing the Arabic translation that came
with KDE 3 BETA 1 , with the one that will be delivered with KDE 3 BETA 2 ,
we are way ahead , and that is thanks to our translators efforts through the
past months ..

  Now what's next .. during February ( where I will have much more time to
contribute) :
    -  we will try to bring up the KDE translation status to a higher lever,
	translating more directories of interest to the users such as kdenetwork,
	koffice, kdeutils, and so ..
    -  we will maintain our good status in the kdebase, and in the root files
    -  if there comes enough translators maybe will give more effort in the
	Gnome translation .. Gnome translation comes next after KDE, not because we
	like KDE more than Gnome ( it is the other way around for me :-) ) .. but
	because we started in KDE first, and our translation is already with the
	KDE3 release, and we owe the Arab KDE users an Arabic interface in the best
	shape ever..

    - I will keep calling for translators where ever I go .. and I hope that
each one of you would help in calling for translators if he/she was not able
to contribute in translating .. remember that Arabeyes project are for ALL OF
YOU  .. we are doing it for you there , and you over here, and you .. :-)

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi