Re: CVS access problems

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 11:29:19PM +0000, Dip.-Ing. Baher Badr wrote:

> again and again, plz don't tell me to go to your side i visted it before but
> until now i don't know how to request for a CVS account. Your side contains
> no usefull information for new users.

If you find the information not useful, please point out the exact missing
information so I can provide it for you and others, and make sure others find it
easily.

> First of all how many Accounts should i have:
>
> 1- mailing list
> 2- CVS

Mailing lists are here so you and others can communicate. Normally communication is
done with courtesy and politeness, both of which you seem to lack.

CVS is where all the files, source code, translation and documents are kept. It is
how we can all work on the same project at the same time. Anyone can access the cvs
repository in two ways:
  1. Web -- http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/
  2. Anonymous cvs (read the http://www.arabeyes.org/howto/cvs-howto/ for
     instructions)

However, for those CONTRIBUTING to the project, they have 'write' access, and they
are called 'committers'. That kind of account you must request. To request that
account, you would have to contact the email address provided earlier, namely
'contact at arabeyes dot org'. This is a simple procedure, which most people are
able to follow.

Thank you.