From: doc-admin at arabeyes dot org [mailto:doc-admin at arabeyes dot org] On Behalf
Of Isam Bayazidi
Sent: 18/Jan/2002 12:00 AM
To: doc at arabeyes dot org
Subject: Re: where have all the translators gone ..

On Friday 18 January 2002 09:12,murshed wrote:
> Well I really don't know what to do .. I did what was written in the
> howto page and ( accidentally ) downloaeded the files that ends with
> .pot or something .. and I didn't know what to do afterwoods .. I
> emailed the group here but there was no respose.

So you have the PO and POT files of the translation, right ?
OK, now if you open the PO files in ANY text editor that can do UTF-8 (
such
as VIM with arabic support, Kate, TextPad for windows, etc.. ) you will
see
sequences of 'msgid' and 'msgstr' ..
the string that follows the 'msgid' is the original string that NOONE
should
change of play with .. after every 'msgid' there is an 'msgstr' and the
string that follows it is where you should put your translation ..
I recommend anyone that checked out the PO and POT files to open any PO
file
( for example kdelibs.po ) to see how it is organized  .. and to know
how it
Will be done ..

About the questions that came lately without a responce .. I am sorry I
was a
little away lately, I had email probelms .. and I am back to help and
support
( that is why I sent my email in the first place) ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi