Use of QaMoose

Salam everyone,
I have just approved all the pending terms you have submitted to QaMoose. After browsing through some of your submissions, I'd like to make a few short notes (please have a quick look even if they look horribly long and uninviting):

1. You've done a great job! Keep up the good work, and keep adding new terms.
2. Please always be sure to fill the "Arabic term in Latin letters" field. Thanks to Nadim, QaMoose now supports non-UTF-8 input, but still, it would be a good idea to put it, if only for me to use. About half of the previous entries have been rejected simply because they were not in the correct format, and thus, the person approving them could not read them. If you include the term in Latin letters, you help me in such cases.
3. If you come across a term you don't now how to translate, just put it in the dictionary with NO translation! It's not going to be incorporated directly into the dictionary. When I'm looking at pending terms, I'll see your terms and try to come up with a translation for them.
4. I want everybody to become a Mosawi. Well, not exactly, but to a very good extent. First, whenever you come across a terms you're unsure of, USE the dictionary. It's not there just for us to fill up! If (and this is very likely since QaMoose is still very small) you don't find the term, add it to the dictionary. As I mentioned in 3, you can leave it untranslated. The important thing is that it is added. This way, we can maintain uniformity in our translations. If someone else comes across the same term and doesn't know how to translate it, thanks to you, they'll be able to find it in the dictionary.
5. Now to the "not exactly" part of being a Mosawi (he's still a great guy!) Don't send the words you want to ask about to the list. Just fill them in the dictionary, and I'll try very hard to find translations for them. The reason why I don't want you to send them to the list is that I will be doing something similar, and with both of us doing that, your mailboxes will explode with the huge amounts of mail you receive. Every time I get about 50 terms added to the dictionary (the number can be increased or decreased depending on your feedback), I'll send you a compiled list of the new words (just the English words, not the translations.) Have a quick look at the list of terms. Just a glance. This way, if you come across a strange word later while working on a file, you might remember that you saw it on one of my lists, and so you can search the QaMoose for it's translation.
6. This is a dictionary for computer terms. "Cyrillic" (from one of the last e-mails asking for translations) has no place in it, so you can do something like what Mosawi did, and ask the doc mailing list. Please don't try putting it in the dictionary, because I'm going to reject it, and I won't bother trying to translate it. All computer-related terms are welcome, and I'll add all of them, but I don't think "move" (as in move a window) needs to be included. It's so obvious! On the other hand, another seemingly obvious term like "resize" should be added, since it is a has a controversial translation. Some people use it according to it's context (if they see that it's meaning is to enlarge a window, they use "takbeer"), others use a lengthy translation, like "taghyeer hajm" and yet others use simply "ta7jeem" (which is what in the dictionary now.) To set a standard in the translation, do include such terms. What's obvious and what's not... I'll leave that for your judgement.
7. I will check the page of pending terms nightly, so you can be assured your efforts are not going to be lost.
8. I am not an expert in translating terms! Occasionally, I might get stuck on some of them. When I send you my lists, I'll put terms I didn't know how to translate in the beginning of the list and you might give ME feedback to how you would like me to translate them. The keyword here is ME (I'm self-centric, yeah.) Please don't spam the list.
9. I regret to say this: even if a term is in the dictionary, there is a very good chance you won't find it. What?!! Yes. Let's say you came across the word "preferences". You searched for it in the dictionary and got no matches. Maybe, "preference" is there, but your extra "s" prevented you from finding the word. This may seem like common sense to you. You search for singular words in the dictionary, not plural ones. But still, the word might be in the dictionary as "prefer". This calls for setting standards. I will deal with this issue of standardization as soon as possible. Most likely, I will use a system for similar to the one used in Arabic dictionaries, where a word is put in it's simplest form, like "prefer". In the description field, I will try to include all possible forms of the word and their translations. This will save me the trouble of entering half a dozen definitions in the dictionary for the same word in different forms.
10. When I see a term entered with no translation, I will e-mail the person who sent it with a short notification that the word has been added, since I will assume that they want to know the translation.
11. You needn't start shivering or sweating when you're about to add a new term. Nothing is official. I can assure you that history will never frown upon you as the person who included that silly translation of the word so-and-so in the greatest work of computer lexicography. All translations go through a selection process, and inappropriate translations are edited or, less frequently, rejected. So, never hesitate to add a word. I hope encourages you to add words whenever you can.

Finally, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the dictionary so far, and special thanks to Sayed Al-Mosawi, our most active contributor to QaMoose recently.

-Waseem