Re: Arabic Keyboard, and Localization (not related)

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 11:14 pm, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 January 2002 20:10, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> > >I hope that this is clear now, And I hope that no more confustion and
> > >suggesions for Language code, country code, flag is nessesery.
> >
> > they are nessesery Isam , cuz we need to change the two letters 'ar' to
> > be away from the conflict with Argentina with ONLY KDE.
>
> Let's remember one thing about the language code .. it is not me, or you or
> anyone that sets the langauge code.. it is  known standard, specified in
> ISO 639 that defines the two letter codes for langauges..
>
> KDE indeed as you satated Mohammed Y. does have a probelm in using the
> country AR (Argantina) flag to represnt the Langauge Arabic AR, but that
> does not mean that we either change the langauge code ourselves, nor change
> the flag of Argantina to make it the Arab League flag.. The solution for
> this probelm is to contact the KDE Locale people, and tell them about it,
> and see how will this come out. It will be fixed.. don't worry
>
> About my Bug Report about kxkb.. Mohammed I think it is a bug, and it need
> to be fixed, and having it reported as a bug will make it certain that the
> kxkb maintiner will have a look at it, and will fix it.. depending on
> emails and mailing lists isn't always the best way..

isam, I mean the standard in XFree86 keyboard layout is to represent
languages by countries not by their two letter code and KDE expects that so
the conflict happens when we try to use the two letter code for arabic for
the keyboard layout rather than using the two letter code for a specific
country that uses arabic most
For me , I don't think KDE people will do anything about that , cuz they
aren't to change their whole system to add a new keyboard layout!
they use the system of representing the language by the two letter code for a
specific country that uses this language most , but we breaked their system ,
so we who must solve that problem , aren't u with me isam ?