Re: hijri date in kde (korganizer)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:01:39 +0200,
  "Amin Moro" <cfmoro correo uniovi es> wrote:

> Screenshot are ready at a very first version. I still must crop them to del
> spanish stuff...but
>
>   http://www.uniovi.es/~morfologia/Atlas/personal/korgi18n/korgcalsys.html

Thanks Amin for the rapid response to that suggestion :-)

> I have a doubt. When week starts on monday, i've made it start in Ith, isn't
> it correct or it might be Ahd? In that case, when week doesn't begin on
> monday, it might then start on Sab?
>
> Another doubt: which day must appear in red (if applies), as sunday in
> gregorian, maybe Jum ?

A few issues (the screenshots are paying off already :-),

 1. The day nomenclature

      "Ith Zul Arb Kha Jum Sab Ahd"

    is short hand for (where "aa" is hamza)

      Itheen Thalathaa Arbiaa Khamees Jumah Sabet Aheed

    So I'm not sure where the "Zul" came from (it should be something
    like "Tha" I'd guess).  Any comments from anyone else ?

 2. The day-off is usually considered to be Jumaa (Friday) and so the
    first day of the week is usually noted to be Saturday and so I think
    Saturday (Sabet) should be first column on the left.

 3. In order for this to really be "Arabic friendly" all those dates
    should be written in Arabic; I'm not sure if this is a localization
    issue or what, but it reads a bit hard with english abbreviations
    since I've never seen those before :-)  To get those strings
    translated will take approx. 5-10 minutes by someone on this list
    since there are so many high powered translators here.  Are there
    associated .pot files with this application ?

Suggestions:

 a. I didn't see a "year" view; that would be helpful

 b. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be also useful to
    be able to see both Hijri and Gregorian on the same calendar as
    an option (Gregorian in english/latin text and the Hijri in Arabic
    text).  Reason for this suggestion is there are times when one
    wants to references dates to ensure proximity of things or to tell
    someone something (who's not familiar with Hijri) and so at a minimum
    the month view should give the user that option.  Most paper/cardboard
    calendars I've seen nowadays do that.

Question:

 i. once an entry is entered using the Hijri calendar, can one easily
    click on something to see that same entry in its equivalent
    Gregorian representation (I sure hope so :-) ?  Just curious.