[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What's Next on KDE? and on Gnome?
- To: doc at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: What's Next on KDE? and on Gnome?
- From: Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:43:48 +0300
- Cc: mohasr at link dot net, Anas TAWILEH <anas at 4nit dot com>, Yaqoob Al Jasmi <jasmi at arabeyes dot org>
Salam All ..
Mohammed Aser I am not sure that you are in the doc list, if not please join
Now .. Translators got until May 4th to work in KDE if they want thier
translation to be included with KDE 3.0.1 which will be coming in mid May.
I would like to mention what not to bother to translate in KDE as it will
either not be sent or there is more important modules :
- do not bother translating in the docs, the doc translation is different from
GUI translation, and can only come after the GUI translation is 100% complete
and is tested in terms of consistency and spelling and so.
- do not spend much time in kdegames, kdetoys, kdenonbeta, or others, as there
is some very important modules such as : kdeutils, koffice, kdenetwork and
- please no need to translate kdeedu with all it's modules, most of the
applications there have probelms with intenationalization, for example
kletters is only for English letters, khangman and kmessedwords does support
i18n in thier dictionaries .. so leave kdeedu to more important modules until
kdeedu is i18n meture .. a good i18n friendly app in kdeedu is kstars ..
working on it is of benifit to everyone.
About Gnome .. After 5th of may I hope that all trasnlators effort will be
concetrated on Gnome, although we may need at least one dedicated translator
to stay with koffice, as the koffice release will be coming on july, and we
want to make sure that the koffice 1.2 would be including a 100% complete
Arabic interface, tested and checked.
Remember the dates:
- May 4th last day to commit for KDE 3.0.1
- May 5th we all move to Gnome to get it done.
You all take care .. please have a look at:
and see when you last made a commit ! you may be surprised to know that last
time you commited was 3-4 months ago ! wake up, pickup your keyboard and
dictionary :-) and start translating ..
Amman - Jordan
Think Linux + Think Arabic = Think www.arabeyes.org