Re: Linux arabic fonts.

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 09:33:01AM +0200, Hicham Amaoui wrote:

> >Not that I'm aware of :(
> >
> Look at http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net, it can edit ps, truetype,
> opentype and others.

Oh ;) And it's actually the first link listed on
http://www.arabeyes.org/resources.php under "Font manipulation
utilities".. talk about embarassment ;)

Actually I remember it now.. I have tried to set it up back when I was
running FreeBSD on my workstation and it failed for one reason or
another and I shelved it. I just installed it to get a feel. It's quite
impressive actually.

I would recommend that anyone who is interested in
art/calligraphy/graphics get some _"Free"_  Arabic TTF's created!

later