Re: mandrake l10n

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 08:23:09PM +0100, Mohammed Gamal wrote:

> Salam All,
> How can I participate in Mandrake's i10n project.

I'm sure they have links on the mandrake i18n site. Two things to note:

1. The Mandrake work is so the installation and setup under the console is
Arabized. In a sense, it is within a limited scope.

2. The KDE work covers the entire GUI system, which is far more labor
intensive and demanding. It is also more rewarding, since it will include
encompass every aspect of the KDE gui (eventually).

3. i18n - I-nternationalizatio-n (18 characters between the i and n)
   l10n - L-ocalizatio-n (10 characters between the l and n)

	These are just short-hands for unnecessarily long words ;)

4. I have emailed this to the original poster, but it didn't make it to the
list, so a quick round up for what I said:

	a. I was hoping you guys would try out 'Akka' - which is the new & improved
		acon if you will.
	b. We are working on VIM to bring Arabic support (check the
http://www.arabeyes.org/news.php page).

I've mentioned a few other things, but I can't remember them now.

later
| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |