Re: Taking Credit for your work

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 04:31:08PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> Salam All ..
> 	For all who is working in the translation of the PO files .. please note
> that in everyfile that you work on there is these two messages :

Just to go over what Isam is suggesting here, here is an example of a .po
file's header:

--------------------[some .po file]------------------------------
# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL at ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2001-06-10 23:10+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: Mohammed Ibrahim Halabi <mih_flyer at hotmail dot com>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL at li dot org>\n"
--------------------[some .po file]--------------------------------

1. Where it says "FIRST AUTHOR" is where you put your name if you are the first
person to start translating a .PO file. That means, if you are the one who
added the first .PO copy of a file, you put your name there. If someone else's
name is up there, LEAVE it alone.

2. Where it says "Last-Translator" is where you put your name if you have
taken over the file. In other words, if you just made a few modifications to a
file, don't add your name there. Only when you have made significant change do
you add your name as Last-Translator.

3. Where it says "Language-Team", put the following, ALWAYS:
   Language-Team: Arabic <support at arabeyes dot org>\n"

In some of the older files, I have added 'contact at arabeyes dot org' instead, so
some of you may have continued to put that email address instead of support.
Please change that. If you don't have anything there, PLEASE make sure you add
it. This is very important.

4. Where it says "Content-Type", change 'CHARSET' to say 'UTF-8'

When in doubt, check with kdelibs.po and see how it is done. (With the
exception of the 'Language-Team' since it still says 'contact at arabeyes dot org' -
I know cause I'm the one who added it).

If everyone feels that you want a FAQ for 'KDE GUI Arabic Translation' then it
may warrant an effort in that direction. This depends on your input (how many
people say we want it), and permissable time.

And.. good luck. We're still going steady!
| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |