Re: Doc digest, Vol 1 #80 - 2 msgs

Dear Mohamed:

>This message goes ONLY to the ones who left the
>project for no cause, so I am telling you If you've
>any circumstances please come & tell me, don't leave
>me alone.

I really want to participate in the project as a translator, but I have
problems that I cannot resolve. First my computer at home started behaving very
strangeley since I came to Switzerland. The internet connection is also too bad (I
get cut off very frequently and I spend hours to get connected). It all happened
after I installed Mandrake 8 using the automatic partitioning. As I had two
drives, 1 for Windows and the other for Linux, Mandrake was automatically
installed on the Windows partition. I used Disk Druid to reformat my c: drive in
order to reinstall Windows, but the process didn't succeed very well. I had to
reformat the drive and reinstall Windows at least 5 more times. And each time the
installation process stoped at least 10 times (the computer freezed) before
Windows got installed. But after each installation I find a different problem.
Sometimes it is the graphic software that crashes all the time, other times it is
MS Word that won't install, and now the soundcard doesn't work properly and the
computer crashes very often. I do not know what the problem is? I used all the
possible software utilities to solve the problem, but they all crash before I
could get a concrete result. I am working on that as much as my time allows me. If
anyone has any Idea what would be the problem, please help me in order for me to
get to work with the group.

Sorry for this long message, and please, do not get discouraged for you are
doing a wonderful job.

Salam,
Yasser Chaddad

Moreover I tried several times last week to login to Arabeyes to update the
records in my CVS, but always got a message saying something like "CVS exited
normally ... 0". And I cannot do that from work either. I hope I can fix my
computer soon to start this taks that I wanted to start 2 years ago!

Chatting in Arabic is More Fun with Maktoob Chat, http://chat.maktoob.com