False impressions

Since I've started translating files started by others, I've noticed a certain trend. The one or two word translations are done, while the longer ones are left out. Then, the result is, since we go by the number of strings and not words, we get a false impression that the file is very close to being done, and that we're doing extremely well, when the truth is that we still have loads of work to do. So, I think all strings should be translated in order (except if you don't know what a word tranlates to in arabic), regardless of length, to give us a more accurate picture of where we stand. All strings will have to be done anyway, short or long. Why leave the longer ones until later?
Just a thought.
-Waseem