Re: Arabic

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> For Arabic there's no difference between ISO 639-2/B and ISO 639-2/T.
> It's ara for both. (But from what you say I presume we are going with
> ISO 639-2/T for all cases where the letters are different, ie the new
> code for German would be deu, not ger.)

I guess it's not decided yet.

> I guess the Turks will take this as an offence. They are very keen on
> being Europeans, same apparently with the Aserbaijan. OTOH, the Kurdish
> coordinator would probably prefer to go for Middle East (but Kurdistan
> is not a country anyway). Best will be to let the teams decide where
> they think they belong to and their users will look for them.

Okay.

> coordinator yet (CCed therefore). So maybe this is a non-problem.
> I just wanted to know if can have a new region Middle East if there are
> -- say -- at least 4 or 5 countries who would prefer to be sorted that
> way instead of being put into "africa" or "asia". Better than having to
> re-edit those entry.desktop files over and over again for a dozen or
> more countries.

I guess you have a group if you have 3 or more countries. It should be
okay to add that know if they know that they will get that.

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
          bieker at stud dot ntnu dot no / bieker at kde dot org / +47 97651633
                Dagaliveien 25 A  |  Elgesetergate 23 B
                N-0776 Oslo       |  N-7030 Trondheim
  Siste nytt fra industrien finner du p<E5>: WWW.Industri-Informasjon.NO