Re: [developers] File with list of cities, latitude and longitude.

Salam bro

There is 2 things about that file:
- Due to formating it is using, it will be headache to parse
- Finally, which is more important, it does not contain that many cities,

If we compare it to Athan Basic v3, it has more than 6 milion cities!!!

I believe that file (location.xml) is part of an API that handles the parsing, but written in GTK!?!

Thanks for pointing out.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 12:08 PM, أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy at users dot sourceforge dot net> wrote:
السلام عليكم،

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:36:03AM +0000, A.Haq Abbad wrote:
> Does anyboy know where I can get a file (csv, xml or plain), that contains
> all of the cities in the world (loyaltiy free),
> and their latitude, longitude and possibly (Not important) GMT offset and
> Day light savings.
---end quoted text---

 Minbar is a GPL software that contains a Locations.xml file.

--
 ‎أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
 Digital design engineer