Re: [developers] PHP extension and Gentoo ebuilds for ITL

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:59:23AM -0700, ahmedre wrote:
> salams Yahya,
> if you get a chance, i'd be interested in knowing the performance of
> this php extension versus that of running the native php version of
> itl that is floating around somewhere.

Wa `alaykumussalām wa Raḥmaṭullāhi wa Barakātuh,

I didn't find this php version of ITL when I was coding the extension,
or I may not have done it :)
Is it an official Arabeyes project? I had thought of translating it
myself, but I didn't want to take the risk of introducing any bugs in
the prayer calculation algorithms.

You can test the performance for yourself once the code is committed to
the Arabeyes repository. It would probably be comparable to using the
native C library.