Re: AOCR for open source

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 02:31:24PM +0200, Mahmoud Abdel moneim Elgenedy wrote:
>  Assalamo 3likom all,
>
>  my name mahmoud abdel moneim, i want to take your openions for
>  putting the following project (Arabic OCR based HTK) for open source:
>
>  - we did an Arabic OCR as a graduate project, it was based on an
>  open-source tool kit (named HTK), also we reached a very good results
>  on the
>
>  printed text fonts (reached above 97%) and can be increased using
>  fusion and some adaptation.
>
>  - now the problem that i want take your openion about is that :
>
>  we did some codes using matlab (it is not the core) it is only for the
>  preprocessing and GUI, and it needs some efforts to do it on C to be
>  suitable for open source.
>
>  Thanks, Mahmoud

Wonderful!
I have no matlab experience but I am welling to help with the C coding if I can.

* What's the core written in ?
* What's the license you are planning to use ?
* What exactly needs to be done ?

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.