Re: Thwab project

--- moayyad sadi <alsadi at gmail dot com> wrote:
>  3. I need help in the copyright file (the thwab-lib reference is under
>  FDL license, I dunno how to mention that in the copyright file)
>
> the FDL is for the reference only
>
> all code is under GPL except data files
> which are FDL or GPL
> I did not make my mind yet but assume that thay are FDLed

Just for clarity (and to further note how things have been broken
down in our CVS) - we now have 2 trees,

 1. Reader (formerly known as lib)
 2. Data   (which is rather static and currently resides elsewhere)

Moayyad is noting (and I don't mean to speak for him) that the reader
code is under GPL yet the data content is yet to be decided between
GPL and/or FDL.

> > 2. The Thwab files (sans the data for now) has been imported
> >    into our Arabeyes repository under,
>
> good job, no need to put data in CVS

In passing and just to make this very publicly known (in case others
are looking for this and yes this needs to be noted in the Thwab
sub-project page's blurbs section).  The data is currently available
via,

 + http://www.thwab.net/thwab-data               (hosted as separate books)
 + http://www.thwab.net/books.html               (an upcoming interface)
 + http://www.thwab.net/downloads/thwab-data.tar (includes all data)

Moayyad, I have no problem with the data being off-site given thwab.net
will survive and will be there for the long-haul (I'm thinking 4 or 5
years down the line :-).  An improvement on what is currently in place
is to upload all those data (aka "books") to arabeyes' sf.net account
(again the data is around 70MB and its rather static).  Moayyad, let me
know when you want to see that happen post finalizing all the changes
you are/will be making to the data files.

Lastly, feel free to login to the website to update/add content to the
sub-project page [1] (akin to the other sub-projects) and start using
CVS as you see fit to update the reader (you should already have access
to both mechanisms).

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Thwab

Salam and again welcome aboard !

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.