Re: Zekr & thwa

salam ...

It would be interesting if they used a common library, which got their data from the same source (i.e. xml files, à la libquran). that way we would have a common C and Java library both getting their data from the same place.

what would be really interesting to me, is if we could extend that to include things like tafasir and ahadeeth - how awesome of a tool would that be? imagine how much software could be made easily with such things at the disposal of programmers around the world? a significant effort, but with a really powerful and useful end result...

just a thought
ian

On 3/16/07, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
--- Mohsen Saboorian <mohsens at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > please join me in my thwab.net project
>
> How? thawab-lib is a C app, but Zekr is a Java one!

I don't want to speak for Mr. Moayyad Sadi but there is the
potential for alot of commonality between the two different
efforts with regard to the data and how best to deal with it.

Look beyond the code/language and see how best both efforts
can learn/help each other.  You might want to give that a bit
of thought or possibly look at both projects' end-products to
see how best to align their on-goings...