Re: New libquran architecture and features

--- "A.Haq Abbad" <haqman at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 7/23/07, Mohammad DAMT <mdamt at gnome dot org> wrote:
> > It's not binary xml files, but XMLs which is converted to binary files.
> > We use XML in development phase, eg. editing the quran text, etc. In
> > deployment, we pre-compiled the XML into a binary format. The format
> > can be in a very simple format and we just add some functions to read
> > and write to the file.
>
> But modifying quran data is not a regular thing, one off's maybe when
> critical error found (which there shouldnt be)...am I right, or did I miss
> something :D.

We should always try to maintain our data in an easy format that is
moldable and can be easily be used to generate other formats.  Keep
in mind that XML is rather easy/simple to traverse and dissect (one
can easily craft a script to do just about anything with an XML input
file - not so with various other formats which are more involved).

In short, for development I'd suggest keeping things simple and structured
once a release is made and/or a platform is decided upon then one can
spend the time/effort to optimize for that particular platform (be it
speed, size, features, etc).

Hope that helps.

BTW: do please only cite relevant texts in your replies and don't
     simply include all the previous texts blindly.

Got a little couch potato?