Re: zekr deb package for Debian

Salaam,

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 17:41 +0200, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2007, Mohammad Derakhshani wrote:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=zekr
>
> % lintian -i zekr_0.5.1.dfsg-1_i386.changes
> W: zekr: menu-item-uses-apps-section /usr/share/menu/zekr:7
> N:
> N:   The menu item has a line that specifies a section under "Apps". This
> N:   section has been moved to "Applications".
> N:
>
> You're still depending on many fonts packages. If they are not all
> necessary, please only Depend on one and Recommend/Suggest the others.
> Recommended packages are automatically installed. Only Depend/Recommend
> packages you actually need for runtime.

I will take care about the above issues.
But I am not sure whether Recommned-ed packages are installed by default
in Ubuntu. Are they installed by default in Debian?

> About the tarball. When you are creating the .dfsg tarball, aren't you
> creating a source tarball? So why not calling this one -src.tar.gz
> upstream and have the .orig.tar.gz in Debian?

The latest release of zekr is 0.6.0 needing lucene2 cannot be prepared
as a free package for Debian yet.
So any changes you ask me to apply to the source upstream tar.gz will be
reflected on the previous version of zekr, and I think will not be
beneficial to anyone. Are you still really insist on importing orig one
instead of .dfsg?

> Please don't keep ./dist/zekr-src.jar in the tarball.

If you mean upstream tarball, I cannot touch
http://www.siahe.com/zekr/download/zekr-0.5.1-linux.tar.gz
 , because http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/x11/zekr
refers to that one as it is.

> Apart from these (hopefully last) little remarks, I am OK to upload it.

I think the quality of the zekr package is elevated
by your and Mohammed Sameer's valuable comments.

Thank you,
Mohammad