Re: email addresses in arabic characters

Moazzam Khan wrote, On 8/24/2007 5:37 PM:

Hey guys,

I am trying to making a multi-lingual web application and have to
write a function to validate email addresses. Can a valid email
address have arabic characters in it? If yes, how can I validate them?
I am trying to do this in PHP if it helps.

Thanks in advance,
Moazzam

using IDN[1] its possible but need a plugin to translate the arabic characters into english letters for example xn--ngbrx.com = عرب.com

there is a PHP class[2] that does this

[1] http://www.idnnow.com/index.jsp?lang=ar
[2] http://idnaconv.phlymail.de/

Best Regards,