Re: New developer available

Salam Badawi,

Welcome aboard.

Your skills are invaluable, at that level of expertise I trust that you
have the will and knowededge to make your own mark and draw a path of
your own easily.

As a suggestion however, and because of your desire to do something ITL
related, please see this link [1]. Basically, we need bindings of the
ITL to other languages, such as Python and PHP. You would be coding C/C
++, as these languages can load .so libraries to provide functions for
them. It's relatively an easy task but a much needed one, plus you can
get rolling pretty fast this way. See [3], [4] and [5] for examples.

Later on, or if you need a bigger challenge right now, you can look at
implementing Siraji, the Arabic OCR project. Or just have a look at
ArabeyesTodo page [2] and see what you can do.

[1] http://wiki.arabeyes.org/ArabeyesTodo#ITL_ports
[2] http://wiki.arabeyes.org/ArabeyesTodo
[3] http://www.python.org/doc/ext/intro.html
[4] http://www.tcl.tk/doc/tea/
[5] http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/1021

At anytime, feel free to email this list for any developer queries or
discussions. We also hang around #arabeyes at irc.freenode.org.

Djihed

في ج، 27-04-2007 عند 10:42 -0600 ، كتب Mohamed Badawi: