Re: New Project Proposal: The ArabicOpenCD

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 01:08:17PM +0100, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> ** What is it?
>
> The ArabicOpenCD is a collection of open source software, some of it
> already localised in Arabic, some is not, in a CD suitable for
> distribution for Microsoft Windows operating systems.

What about Free knowledge too and not Free software only, I mean manly
Arabic wikipedia [1].
The idea is too distribute a local mirror of wikipedia on the CD as
static HTML files (or any suitable form).

There is periodic XML dumps of wikipedia database, you can access those
for Arabic wikipedia here [2]. Also this page describes how to do such
mirroring [3]. There is also some related links bellow [4].

--
[1] http://ar.wikipedia.org
[2] http://download.wikimedia.org/arwiki

--