Re: Zekr Ubuntu Package

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006, Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
> Thanks Mohammed,
>
> By now, we don't have any Debian maintainer. How much does a Debian
> package differ from an Ubuntu one?

Should be exactly the same (an Ubuntu package is a Debian package). Only
that the Debian package is built on a Debian system.

I had a look at the package and there are many issues. The main one is
the lib/ directory: you should add Depends: on what you need and *never*
ever embed your own copies of libs and jar packages.

Please also read http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/, it is a
precious document for any Debian maintainer (and any Ubuntu maintainer,
as a consequence).

--
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette