Re: Kubuntu, Arabic Edition

> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:57:29 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ahmed Al-Obaidy <ahmad_alobaidy at yahoo dot com>
> Subject: Kubuntu, Arabic Edition
> To: developer at arabeyes dot org, doc at arabeyes dot org
>
>    Dear Friends,
>    Al-salam alaikum,
>
>    I have built a customized version of Kubuntu 6.06 with Arabic packages
>    pre-installed and Arabic is the default language.
>
>    The target is to build a Kubuntu-based distro focusing on Arabic Language.
>    I suggest to be named "Kubuntu, Arabic Edition".
>
>    You can find a few screenshots here:
>    http://iraqilinux.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=832
>
>    The Arabic support in Linux needs a lot of work in term of translation,
>    fonts, documentation and artwork. Startup GUI needs some work to get
>    arabic text to be rendered well.
>
>    This is only 1 hr work, and is not perfect by any mean. I suggest we build
>    a team  and to start a independent site for this project.
>
>    Regards,
>    Ahmad Al-Obaidy

as-salamu alaykom,

  jazak Allahu khairan, I was wondering if anyone has a fix for the acon
  package in Edgy. The problem is that cp-1256 keymap does not work,
  although if I recall correctly, it did work in Dapper (acon package
  wasn't in their repos in Dapper, but I used to have a self-built
  package while using Dapper).

  Btw, why Kubuntu & not Ubuntu ?