Help needed building Katoob

Having a version of katoob 3.8 installed with an rpm for Mandriva 2005  I
noticed that the spellcheck feature is disabled at compile time, trying to
install a 3.5 version I have a problem in configuring due to a well-known
development-unfriendly treatment of the gtk+2 libraries
see:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/mandriva-linux-help/50337-gtk-problems-mandriva-2006-a.html

how to circumvent the problem? change the system?

 Sponsor:
 Grande Offerta di Benvenuto Cassine di Pietra:
* 36 bottiglie di ottimo vino veneto direttamente a casa tua!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3923&d=22-4