Re: No more katoob releases.

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 11:03:10PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
> > Yes, As said in the subject.
> >
> > Due to the complicated Arabeyes software release procedures, I won't release
> > final version anymore.
> > Instead I'll take a CVS snapshot every now and then, Create a debian package
> > and
> > upload it into debian.
> >
> > My original post was here: http://www.foolab.org/node/755
> >
> > Sorry for that everyone but I don't feel like complicating things for myself.
> >

> I have NO idea what you are talking about and/or what complications you're
> addressing or experiancing.  If you have
> the energy to expand please do (I'm sure others would benefit)
> else as you see fit.

* Things that should be done:
1) Tag the CVS
2) Create th tarballs.
3) Upload the tarballs to sourceforge.
4) Get the link for the release.

* Arabeyes specific things:
1) Updating the project page to add a note
2) Adding the new release to the releases in the project page.
3) Email developer
4) Email announce and wait for the approval.
5) Edit the project page and link to the announcement.

* Things I do extra:
1) post to freshmeat
2) Create debian packages for stable
3) Upload a new package to debian

Hope I didn't forget anything!

12 steps is too much, 5 of them are Arabeyes specific.
The process is somehow tedious, Maybe because I started to be even more busy.
Don't really know.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.