Re: Proposed libquran function

On Jum, 2005-05-27 at 15:41 +0800, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
> Since there are quite some discussion going on, let me share my view on this.
>
> First, about the audio. If I'm not mistaken, current libquran still
> expect the audio to be in speex format and in the form of 1 aya per

I would propose the audio reader to be separated as plugins. So we can
have plugins to read from speex, mp3, or anything. Regarding multiple
aya in one file, in order to achieve that we need to make the quran
audio indexing scheme as well as the composer application so the library
will know the aya's offset inside the file.

> As M Damt mention, for embedded environtment, it seems not very
> practicle to have the data stored in XML. It will takes a lot of
> resources just to load it up. There might be a solution for this, but

I'm cooking my proposal into some patches but not yet ready to be sent
here. Please hold on a few days *-)

--
Mohammad <mdamt at gnome dot org>
http://aksi.mdamt.net/log/