Re: libquran in embedded environment

>As an aside, my personal opinion is that XML is great for transporting data between
>applications, but is poor for the internal representation of data in the vast
>majority of applications. I prefer to have a simple native object-oriented view
>of the data in my apps, and import and export to XML as and when it's required.

Actually there is an XML schema called OSIS (http://www.bibletechnologies.net/) that is perfect for storing the Quran and all translations in. I checked it out a while back. It is originally intended for the Bible but the way it is designed it can be easily used for the Quran too. I talked to the OSIS people and they supported the idea of using OSIS to store Quran'ic data. They are also planning to build a plugin for OpenOffice in order to edit OSIS documents out-of-the-box.

For your information,
Mete

--
Mete Kural