Re: Arabbix again and again.

Mohammed Sameer wrote:
| Hi,
|
| As you have noticed, We had a lot of debate regarding arabbix, its future,
what to
| base on and so.
|
| After a lot of discussions and debates due to conflicting point of views
between me as
|maintainer and Arabeyes core, We didn't reach anything and I decided to stall
the project
| till we find a solution.

That's not a good reason to. Actually, I am not sure what kind of conflicting
views there were. Last we had a discussion about things, you weren't sure what
you wanted to do and we simply gave recommendations. I personally do recall
always saying, at the end of the day, it is your call. Arabeyes projects try at
all times to allow projects to be run autonomously.

| Unfortunately, It seems that we'll not find a solution soon, And no one'll
cooperate and give a hand to arabbix.
| I hate what I've done to the project, And I think it makes me look bad.
|
| So I decided to do 1 of 2:
|
| 1) Either lead the project in a dictatorship manner and do what I think right
ignoring
|other point of views unless I think they are right, In that case I'll take
decisions,
| Explain why I did that and I'll accept discussing any issue except one thing
which is
| what to base arabbix on.

Well, that is what a maintainer's job is. You listen to people, take input and
at the end of the day, you make the final call. Obviously even when you are the
maintainer. Even with core, as Core decides certain things, when there is an
overwhelming majority disagreeing with something, the decision is reversed. All
I am saying is, yes, you are in charge, but we all would use common sense ;)

| 2) Give up the maintainer ship of the whole project and someone other than me
can take
| it and I'll be welling to give a hand and help as my time allow me.

I would prefer not to see this happen.

| PS. Please I'm not reopening the discussion again about arabbix, What to base on,
| My strategy and/or road map, .........

Okay ;)

| And please someone go and fix my inactive status on the website, What a shame
on you! :-)
| IMHO we shouldn't measure the activity by CVS commits.

I think this has been taken care of.

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir