Re: Quran Project

Hello Meor,

Great work! The accuracy of the Quran text is very important.

>1. the sequential tanween. So far, I've tried many
>things but could not solved all the problems relating
>to it, basically the shaping behaviour of a character
>before and after the tanween. The problem get worse
>when combine with shadda , and also the formation of
>lam alef ligature. Anybody have any idea how to solve
>this is greatly appreciated.

Well, the sequential tanween you are mentioning is not yet supported in Unicode as you probably know. So you have to handle this in a non-standard way. I guess it is a matter of what non-standard way to choose to do it. As far as I understand the shaping behaviour of the characters before and after a sequential tanween should not be any different than the shaping behaviour of the characters before and after a regular tanween. It just takes more space than a regular tanween so I guess there may be a little more difficulty in placing it correctly within the rendering. This gets complicated as I understand when more diacritics are added (shadda, etc). It is definitely not trivial work. May God help you with it.

Kind regards,
Mete

--
Mete Kural