Re: Arabic font(s) for LaTeX?

--- Yousef Raffah <yousef at sadeem dot net> wrote:
> Is anyone working on Arabic font(s) for LaTeX? I'm not sure if this was
> ever discussed but can't someone contact a font "developer" to create
> Arabic fonts for LaTeX?
>
> Maybe we can raise this to KACST as well!

We are in dire need for font experts and expertise (on multiple fronts),
we've often made the call and asked people to spread the word, etc to
no avail.  If you come across someone who is interested in fonts, I have
a number of things to ask/inquire about.  We're also not looking for
completed fonts ("here use this") as much as we are looking for the
needed expertise to learn from and to benefit a larger group with (ie.
we want to have a prolonged dialog with said experts/hobbyists).

Let us know & Salam.