Re: ITL Java and SWIG

Nadim Shaikli writes:

 > I haven't looked at it since those posts, but I don't see why
 > it would not "stand".
 >
 >  + Are there better alternatives - SWIG seems to cast a rather
 >    large net in that is support many languages ?
 >  + Is there genuine demand for us to generate these SWIG files ?
 >  + Who'll test 'em and report back ?

My intention was to start working on a SWIG interface file, and since
Moazzam is asking for a wrapper, I might be able to get his help with
testing...etc. Now after looking through some of the materials at
swig.org, I think it is more tailored for wrapper developers to create
customized interface files rather than us creating one for the
library. Therefore I think someone developing the wrapper is more
suitable for this task than I am.

I'm not sure if Moazzam is interested on working with SWIG, but I'd be
happy to include a SWIG interface file as a useable example for others
to use.

Regards,
Thamer Mahmoud