RE: Amr Khaled and Linux

Salam,

Where is the Life Makers organization headquartered? Or are they an online
organization?

Before we can help their efforts we should give them a demonstration of some
Linux Distro. Amr Khaled is currently residing in Beirut and I seem to be
Arabeyes' Man-On-The-Ground in .lb, but is the Life Makers organization
stationed there too? if so maybe I can facilitate a few things if that is
necessary.

Muhammed Sameer is making his own live CD and so are the LLUG, but I really
don't want to see any sort of competition here. Hopefully both will be
available, along with Arabbix if need be.

Abdulaziz,

--- Ali Echihabi <ali_echihabi at ieee dot org> wrote:

> Salam,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Yes, we can spread GNU/Linux by contacting the Life Makers team.
>
> I believe we can help them in their own efforts by giving them a free
> standard platform (special packaging of the Linux distro of your
> choice), that we can tailor at their exact needs.
>
> And since the Arabeyes team has put a lot of effort to translate open
> source applications in Arabic, I think that if any Arabic version of
> Linux (using Arabic KDE, Mozilla, etc...) should reach the masses then
> Arabeyes should be taking some credit.
>
> At the same time, Arabeyes will get publicity/recognition and its vision
> will reach a great number of people.
>
> How about we start this project (Hayat Linux) and see if it will have a
> good response from the Life Makers team.
>
> Here is how most people targeted by this project will be using the
> computer:
>
> - check and send email
> - chat
> - surf the web
> - read and post to forums
> - use office suite to create and read documents.
[...]