Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS) and the slashdot interview

I noticed this in alaa's interview.
/*
>however it doesn't look like Mandrake tests their Arabic support (and
unfortunately it seems the Arabic users community is not doing a good job of
testing and bug reporting either), in Mandrake 10 OpenOffice would not render
Arabic text correctly without installing FreeType packages made by PLF with
the bytecode interpreter enabled, this problem is not inherit in OpenOffice
since it worked fine with older versions.
*/

I doubt this is true. The MAPS project is specifically for serving this
purpose. It yields some fruits. Please, take some time to know the latest
status. I am sorry if I am not posting here when I commit a change but I have
updated the page against the latest version Mandrake 10 some time ago. I have
marked the bugs I tested (Fixed and Closed).

Any suggestions?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA