Re: Debian Installer?

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Sunday 16 May 2004 12:21, Ahmad Kamal wrote:
> > It would be great if debian installer were to be arabized. I just want
> > to thank anyone who is helping push this project forward. Thanks guys.
>
> By 'arabized' you mean translated ? Because it _is_ translated :)
>
> http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Debian
>
> That was done in the purpose of putting some pression on the
> Debian people to solve the joining/bidi issues in the installer.
>
> I am not aware of anything new, but Anmar is the contact point ;)

Approximately a week or so ago Ayman Negm (aka XSnack) noted on IRC
that he's looking into a patch to curses/slang/?? to add Bidi/Shaping
(he noted that he has resorted to lots of trial-n-error), I've also
heard that there is a patch already floating about but its author is
hot-n-heavy into finals at the moment (sorry, I can't access my other
machine to pull down the necessary info).

Ayman, you out there ?

All these details can (and should) be gotten and coordinated from the
folks on #debian-boot (irc.freenode.net).